balderdash & gobbledygook

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Gasoo encounter #4

I look forward to weekends because I get to sleep in without having to worry about being late for work or whatnot. But last weekend was different. It was like a once in a lifetime thing (and I sincerely hope that I am wrong). So please bear with me if this post is gonna be long and i might ramble a bit here and there.

Last Saturday, Cherry, Tina, and I made plans to have lunch at San Sung because we were all feeling a bit wonky and needed Soon Do Bo in our systems. I picked up the 2 in Oakwood and we started gabbing away, playing catch up with what's been happening to each other. As we passed the Makati Stock Exchange building, I jokingly asked Tina if she wanted me to drop her off at her old office (she has transferred to another building). Anyway, we arrived at San Sung and ordered away the usuals: Dweji Kalbi, Soon Do Bo, Chapjae, and Spicy Squid. Yummy!!!

We head over to Starbucks and separate around 4:30 PM. Cherry and Tina went to Manila to cover an event while my sisters and I went home and contemplated if we were going to push through with our Euro Star plans.

As we were leaving for Euro Star, I received a text message from Tina that made me jump up and down. Someone texted her that Dong Bang Shin Ki was in Manila for a photoshoot. Tina and I made plans to stalk them if we find out any other details about their trip here. After the carnival, my sisters and I met up with Tina, Katrina, Xtine and Kai at Mcdo Greenbelt and exhausted all our contacts to get any info on the group. We were lucky that Jeannie, who was in the US, was able to tell us that there were reports that there would be a shoot at a Makati street and at the Mall of Asia at around 5 AM. With this info, the others decided to stay in Station 168 to kill the time while my sisters and I went home.

At 4:00 AM, Ia nudged me awake and the three of us (Ela decided she wanted to sleep), got ready to leave. Marie and Rhanie, being good samaritans gave me a wake-up call as well. The two of them were on their way to Mall of Asia as I was on my way to Manila Pen to pick up the others. We agreed to keep each other updated from where we were. After picking up the gang at the Pen, I relay to them the info I got that there were no streets in Makati that were scheduled to be the set for any shoot. We decide to cruise by the said street to check it out just in case. Once we were convinced that the shoot wasn't gonna happen in Makati, we decided to head over to Mall of Asia. As we were speeding off to Manila, Rhanie calls and told me that they were going to head off to Makati because there was nothing there. I told her to stay there since the chances of the shoot in Makati were very slim as we saw no evidence of equipment being set-up. We met up with Marie and Rhanie near the humongous globe at the Mall and discussed what else we could do since we didnn't see anything that implicated that a shoot would happen. I manage to coaxe Rhanie to work her charm on the guards and ask for any info. As we headed off to the nearest guard house, a third car joined our merry convoy. Thinking that the guards might freak out with 3 cars asking them for some classified stuff at 5:30 AM, I decided to drop back and just let Marie and Rhannnie approach the guard house. It was so funny in the van because we could barely make out what was happening as Rhanie approached the guard. As I was the one in the front, I started giving a commentary to the rest of the people in the van with me, as to what I thought was happening through the body language of the 2. When I saw the guard look around, I told the guys that he didn't know what Rhanie was talking about. Then I saw her making gestures with her hands and assumed that she was still explaining and trying to wheedle some info.. Then I see the guard's hands to his mouth and I suddenly scream to the guys that he's radioing someone!! This could be it! Or we might be facing a couple of hours in their security office. But when I saw Rhanie running towards the car with a skip in her step, I knew she got what we came for. We followed Marie, who was speeding off like a crazed maniac (lol!), and headed for the parking building. We parked on the first level and were able to meet some people from security who were very helpful. They told us that there was a shoot near the globe and that they'll tell us when we could go down and watch. So while waiting, we all watched the Rising Sun (quite appropriate, don't you think?). The minute the security guy gave the go signal, we all speeded off to the globe, parked our vehicles and found a spot where we could stay.

At around 7:30 - 8:00 AM (I wasn't really checking the time), the Dong Bang Shin Ki coaster arrives and we all got excited and happy because it was really happening. We found them and we would see them in person!

The guys were tall (even Xiah!) and looked even better in real life. They were wearing these suits that must have been like sauna suits because the sun was sooooooo hot that day that us stalkers, who were wearing casual clothes, were sweating like pigs! And they were wearing suits! Poor boys, at least they got breaks to cool off in their coaster while we stayed under the scorching sun. Anyway, the concept of the CF was weird (for me), because I thought their costumes, and the fact that there was a fire eater on the set, would have been better if the scene was shot at night. But who am I to give the director my advice, right? lol! I was just happy to be there and saw them do some dance moves.


hmmmm.... I wonder what they were talking about? Probably:

Xiah: Guys, is my hair still ok?

Max: Ummm..... well......

Yunho: You're fussing about your hair in this heat?

Micky: I wanna take off this freaking vest.

Hero: (looking at the window behind Yunho) I look so pretty. (^_^)

Well, we didn't really expect to be able to get autographs (since I heard that their handlers were really strict), but as I told Tina, I really hoped they would at least acknowledge our presence (and the fact that they had Pinoy fans). Fortunately, they did acknowledge the group by looking and waving at us. Hero even had mirror and was using the sun to shine light on the group. The director even asked the guys to wave at the fans. All this while they were on break from the shooting. When the shoot ended, they waved at the group again, and Max even bowed (so polite!). Micky was waving through the window of the coaster as they left.

Anyway, our group started with just 12 people (and 2 parents) and by the end of the day, I think there were around 30 who were there. As we were the earliest to arrive at 6 AM, we were there for 6 hours. Except for some annoying thing that happened, all in all, I think my 4th Gasoo encounter is a memory worth keeping.

For another account of what happened, please visit Rhanie's" blog.

10 Comments:

  • Congrats on a successful stalking stint!!! Wow, can't believe the guys shot their commercial in Manila! Grabe, ako rin na excite for you guys! :P sana next up shinhwa na!

    By Blogger Kaytee, at 1:59 PM  

  • wahaw. malamang nasabunutan ko kayo if i was there sa excitement :) anyway sorry for not answering the phone agad and when i did choppy na! (promise hehehe) gosh i remember our F4 stalking days...shemet. :)

    hopefully okay ang prinoject natin *wink* and sana di na NYA ako makalimutan i-FYI next time :)

    By Blogger eventuallypretty, at 5:24 PM  

  • kaytee: kami rin! we couldn't believe that they shot an ad here! of all places!! I pray that we are as lucky, or luckier, when Shinhwa finds its way here.

    patty: actually handa ka pag nakita ka namin tina kasi sasabunutan ka namin! mwehehe!!! grabe patty!!!!!!! san talaga si project ay di mag flake next time. damay mo kami ha?

    By Blogger uchisan, at 5:33 PM  

  • I found you! :)
    - kai

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:07 AM  

  • kai: woot! yep you found me but i found you first! lol! :)

    tina: hehe! yung waaaaaaaah ko may kasamang grrrrrrrrr!!! hehe! sabay natin sabunutan patty! pero on second thought, i eenlist niya ang help ni project e..... kiss na lang natin si patty! heehee!!

    By Blogger uchisan, at 12:17 PM  

  • jeez.. we were so damned lucky this time.. good thing there were a few good souls who helped us.. hope we get even better stuff next time! glad i was able to wake you up with the ringing... did i annoy you? heheh

    By Blogger yamino matsuei, at 5:03 PM  

  • dapat may slogan kayo magkapatid, "the family that stalks gasoos together, stays together."

    By Blogger The Accidental Reviewer, at 10:07 PM  

  • marie: yeah. we were pretty lucky. may mababait pa pala na tao sa mundo. :) hehe

    cherry: sige! dapat siguro pagawa kami ng t-shirt noh?

    By Blogger uchisan, at 8:25 AM  

  • next time.. lets be more organized... we are good, disciplined fans.. they might let us get a better view next time...

    the shirt idea sounds nice... great even!

    its so exciting.. who will be coming next?

    By Blogger yamino matsuei, at 10:54 AM  

  • Uchi Unni!!!~
    TT.TT i could have seen you guys there... pero hindi ako nakapunta. hay... hehe... long story short, my mom misses me much and didn't want me to leave... sayang, i missed the opportunity to see our dongshins!!!
    -Pao

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home