balderdash & gobbledygook

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

In a nutshell.....

Here's what's happened to me the past couple of weeks:

- On the 22nd, I received a package from Arirang. I have been waiting for my Epik High CD for a month and finally it arrived. Unfortunately, it wasn't the Epik High CD. T0T It was apparent that it got lost somewhere and that I will never get it. Anyway, turns out the package that arrived was the CD I won from Arirang's mnet contest. I hurriedly opened the package. I've been waiting for this too, since my sister Ia, received hers (Shin Hye Sung's CD, our 2nd) last week. Irony of ironies that i receive the same CD. Anyway, good thing a friend of mine wants to trade the CD. Then in the afternoon, another parcel from Korea arrived for me. The packaging was different so it couldn't be Arirang, who used regular post to send prozes. The package was from an express mailing service. I look at the sender's box and see that it's from the Korean judge who participated in the SEA Games. I hurriedly open it and find myself face to face with my 2nd Brand New album by Shinhwa. Luckilly, there was another CD, and it was a collaboration CD by Kim Jong Kook, SG Wannabe, and M to M. (^_^)

- Last December 24, some of my friends spent an early "noche buena" with me and my family: Marie, Tina unnie, Binnie, along with Tina's cousin Hugo and "companion" Sue. Days prior, I told them that Noche Buena at our house is held after the Mass (which was at 9:00 PM), so I asked them to be at our house at around 10:30 PM. Lo and behold when a knock came from the door and I found them at our doorstep at 7:30 PM. Turns out, they couldn't stay that late on the road, as the Koreans lived far away from my house, so they decided to come early. My entire family was frantic as we had just started cooking food, so that meant that the guests did not have anything to eat. Apparently my friends were expecting this so they bought ingredients to make chapjae. Anyway, all's well that ends well, as the food we were cooking, um...... got cooked, on time and everyone was able to eat to their heart's content. (^_^)

- last Dec. 26, I made plans with the other people who joined the Andy project to go to the norebang with them. Since it's been a long time since i last went there, i was uber excited. As I was pulling up my jeans, I felt this intense pain in my back that caused me to fall on to the bed. Unfortunately, my aim was getting rusty as I only managed to get my upper torso on the bed while the other half of my body was dangling from the edge. Because my legs were pulling at my back, I tried to get up but as I did, mind numbing pain was all I felt. I didn't even realize that I was screaming and that was what my family heard that sent them running to the room. My dad was able to pull the rest of me onto the bed where I spent an hour and a half sobbing and screaming in pain as I tried to change positions. Finally, I asked my dad to take me to the hospital. After asking my sisters to call up the others and tell them we weren't going to be meeting up with them, the realization of how in the world I was going to get out of the house to go the hospital struck me. Even the smallest movement that involved my back was so painful that I didn't want to leave the bed anymore. My dad called up my uncle (who is a doctor), and he in turn called for an ambulance. After 45 minutes, the paramedics were in the room assesing what could be wrong with my back. When they tried to lift me, I was in so much agony that they had to put me down on the bed again. Even the painkiller that they injected me with didn't help. So I had no choce but to to just scream out my pain as they transferred me to the stretcher. At the hospital, I again was transferred to another bed in the ER, then for my X-ray, had to be transferred to the X-ray table, then back to the bed in the ER, then finally to my bed in the room. By the end of that day, I couldn't speak anymore as I got hoarse from all the screaming I was doing and I was bone tired. Sheesh! It didn't help that the IV painkillers weren't working and that the doctors would come into the room at all hours (especially just when I was getting some shut-eye). And the doctor had to choose 2:00 AM to have the Balkan frame installed on my bed! And I'm sure, after reading what I do when I need to move, I don't need you to tell you what happened when they put me in traction and attached it to the frame. For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, I was able to find some pictures on the net that would help with the imagery:
















(By the way, that's not me in the photo)


Great way to spend the Christmas week, huh? My room looked like a Medievel torture chamber. Anyway, I was lucky to have been able to go home on the 29th, as I had no plans of spending the New Year in a hospital.

- Last saturday, my sisters and I were finally able to eat Soon Do Bo after craving for it for almost 2 weeks at San Sung. We were joined by Tina, Marie and Kikka's teammate Caissa. I don't know if we just had eyes too big for our stomach or because of all the side dishe being brought to our table, but we weren't able to finish all the food we ordered. Weird huh? Anyway, after dinner, which was around 7:00, we headed off to the norebang to meet up with some of the girls from the Andy project, namely Candy, Rhanie, and Gab. We sang the night away until it was 11 PM! hehe! we didn't even notice the time.

















There, so now you are up to speed on what's been happening with my life.

6 Comments:

  • syet! ako rin libre mo chapjae! yun lang tsaka rice ok na ako!

    By Blogger uchisan, at 4:08 PM  

  • shoot i missed you by a day! my sis, aunt, bf and me went nung Sunday...sarap talaga ng soup... bundat kme...

    so ano pala yung nangyari sa back mo?

    By Blogger eventuallypretty, at 1:22 PM  

  • patty: pinched nerve tsaka severe muscle spasm. ayaw ko na maranasan ulit yun! grabe!

    sarap talaga dun. intay ulit na magkapera para mag pig out dun! :)

    By Blogger uchisan, at 12:17 PM  

  • paano na pinch ung nerve?

    sigh. di ba pwede credit card dun sa sansung? and sana may branch sila sa quezon city :)

    By Blogger The Accidental Reviewer, at 11:38 AM  

  • cherry: ang alam ko may credit card dun :) hehe! di ko matandaan kung nasubukan ko na.

    mali daw kasi yung galaw ko kaya na pinch yung nerve chuva. :)

    By Blogger uchisan, at 12:02 PM  

  • hala... what happened to you nun? okay na yun back mo? whoah.. dami na pala nangyari sayo....

    -Pao

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home