balderdash & gobbledygook

Thursday, December 01, 2005

My hero's name is Kikka

sigh! i don't know how to start this so I'll just get straight to it. My sister injured her foot yesterday during the Individual all-around competition for gymnastics. No words could describe how I felt seeing her writhing in pain after doing her first vault and hearing her call my name. I would have done anything to spare her from the excruciating pain she must have been feeling. Until now, I cry whenever people text me about it, or when they call me to ask if I am related to the gymnast in the papers. I see her photos on newspapers in probably one of the saddest days of her life and I just cry, for her pain, for her dream of winning a gold medal for the Philippines in her sport. This was supposed to be her year, having won medals in India and Singapore in the past months, besting out the same gymnasts she was competing against in this year's SEA Games. But I guess it was just not meant to be.

I apprieciate all of you who texted and called me to convey your sympathy and best wishes for my sister. I really, really, really appreciate it. I apologize if my replies were short and if my tone was curt. I was just trying hard to control my emotions. You guys know how much I hate crying and would prefer to laugh at everything. Unfortunately, this time, it seems that all I have been doing since yesterday was cry.

Again, I ask for your prayers. She will be undergoing an operation at 5:00 PM today. I know how scared she is right now to be in an operating room with a roomful of strangers. I wish I could be with her but my duties for the SEA games are not yet finished. I am in such a crummy mood right now. Wanting to be somewhere else but not being able to leave and be with her.

I'm just so proud of my sister Kikka. I don't care if she won a medal or not. I'm just so proud that she really wanted to represent our country, even though she was already injured. I'm so damn proud to be her sister.

6 Comments:

  • wow. i didn't know you have a gymnast sister...pinangarap ko yun once upon a time...nag balance beam ako pero sa laki ko...natakot ako

    By Blogger WINTERFIRE, at 9:59 PM  

  • oh my. what a bad turn of events for your sis. I hope things turn out well for her operation. please tell her na ililibre mo pa rin siya sa norebang to cheer her up. :)

    By Blogger The Accidental Reviewer, at 1:45 PM  

  • i hope your sister will get better! i'm praying for her!

    By Blogger Kaytee, at 4:15 PM  

  • uchi i hope her injuries heal fast and her foot good as new.

    don't feel too bad. mabuti nga you were there agad for her. :) cheer up.

    By Blogger eventuallypretty, at 5:42 PM  

  • Unnie...i was reading the papers the other day, and shocked to read about Kikka...i confirmed pa with Ia Unnie if it really was her, cos i didn't know her real name.. >.< but i knew yours was E.C. Santos.. and she had the same initials, so i made my own conclusions...

    it's so unfortunate, sayang naman kasi nga hirap din ng training ni Kikka.. yes, i'd be praying for her... Be strong for her and for yourself.. There'd be more chances for her, she's still young... i hope she doesn't give up. unlike me...(long story. hehehe...)

    Hope you're well now... sorry di kita natext.. si Ia Unnie natext ko, i know it will get to you din naman. ^^

    Hwaiting!~ This is just a test.... You guys can get through this.

    -Pao

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:34 AM  

  • hope your sister is okay na.

    By Blogger igor, at 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home