balderdash & gobbledygook

Monday, September 12, 2005

Bridget Jones'.......... sister?

Last Friday, I went to Healthway Clinic to visit the dermatologist. Anyway, I decided to get treated that day so the doctor dabbed topical anesthesia all over my face and put clear scotch tape on em. Needless to say, I looked like a freak of nature. Sorta like a cross between Madam Auring and a burn victim. You wouldn't know wether to laugh or cry if you saw me. It was like toothpaste under clear plastic all over my face. I couldn't look at the mirror coz I would laught at how i looked and i couldn't because I couldn't even smile coz the tape around my mouth made it difficult and I couldn't blink because the tape would come in contact with my eyes and that would cause me to blink more. Let's say it was a very uncomfortable situation for me. To make matters worse, the doctor told me to go to the waiting room while the medicine..... i don't know.... um..... baked(?). I could not believe my ears! Wait..... outside...... with all the other patients of the other doctors? Was she serious? When she explained that the office was too small to accomodate me and another patient, the gravity of the situation hit me. I had to sit next to people who would be staring at my face wondering what the heck happened to me!! Worst of all, there were kids there!! I would either make em cry or they'd ask obnoxious questions to their parents. Grrrrrrrr!!! I asked my doctor to please, please not shout out my name if it was my turn, so that just in case i managed to find the guts to sit in the waiting room, with people oggling at me, they at least wouldn't know my name. But when I went out of her office, I just couldn't bear to go to the friggin waiting room. So I literally waited outside the doctor's door for a nurse to pass by. The minute one did, I grabbed her arm and pleaded with her to stash me somewhere, anywhere, that wasn't the waiting room. The nurse, who has probably seen a lot of patients under the same predicament I was in, took pity on me and hid me in the admin office, where I kept the admin staff company.

Anyway, after an hour, I heard my doctor asking nurses if they had seen me. Well, the nurses didn't know my name so they couldn't tell her I was in hiding. My doctor, who knew that I didn't want to stay in the waiting room looking like, well what i looked with the tape, feared that i might be in the restroom (no way! it was on the other side of the floor, meaning more people would see me), or that i went home (looking like that? no way!). So she started calling out my friggin' name!! Grrrrrrrr!!!!!
Anyway, I managed to call her while keeping my head down and made a beeline for her office where she did her thing. After like an hour and half, I was able to go back to the office, minus the white stuff and tape. Thank God!!

Despite the embarassment, I couldn't help but laugh at what happened. I told my officemate about it and he could only say that these sort of things always happened to me. I asked "what things?" and he said my "ala Bridget Jones escapades":

1. last month, the slit of my skirt went from teacher to long gown competition in 5 seconds after I tried getting into the driver seat while making sure that my door did not hit the car next to my van. I had to drive all the way to my sister's gym with my bag on my lap, lest a truck pulls up next to me and gets a free show. After parking, I had to hold my skirt together and walk really quick to the nearest bathroom. Thank god I had a sewing kit.

2. the time I slipped on a puddle of water and scraped my knee at the Market! Market! parking lot while wearing a skirt (thank god i fell knee first and not butt first). I didn't know if I should pretend like nothing happened, after all there were people parking their cars at that time, or hobble off to the safety of my car. I chose the latter and milked it for what it was worth.

3. the time I locked my keys in my car in Greenbelt and had to beg a security guard to jimmy the door open because I couldn't call my dad at 2:00 AM to tell him of the problem I was having. In the end it took like 3 seci\urity guards to open the friggin' door.

He actually enumerated a lot more incidents but I think they should just be left for us to know about. (^__^)

5 Comments:

  • nice story chi.. though those other stuff you didnt mention made me curious.. haha.. good thing you were a girlscout that day.

    By Blogger yamino matsuei, at 4:55 PM  

  • yamino & tina: yes! dami ko na escapades. They range from being unlucky to just plain being accident prone. hehe!

    By Blogger uchisan, at 7:43 AM  

  • Dude, you make me wish I was there! :) Glad you survived it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:16 AM  

  • hehehe sana tinext mo ko to keep you company :)

    By Blogger eventuallypretty, at 2:53 PM  

  • patty egg: haha! umuwi ka na kasi dito!!!!

    patty: hehe! spur of the moment lang ang pa derma, dear. tsaka ayaw naman kita pabiyhihin ng malayo para lang dun. pero thanks for the offer. next time!

    By Blogger uchisan, at 9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home