balderdash & gobbledygook

Thursday, September 08, 2005

rambling........ part 2

The past couple of days for me have been pretty eventful. Last Friday, at around 11:00 PM, I rushed my nephew to the Emergency Room because of some symptoms we feared resembled dengue. After a couple of hours of observation and tests, we let out a sigh of relief when results showed that it wasn't dengue. We arrived at the house around 3 AM, Saturday. At 4:00 AM, our helper was waking me up to remind me that Kix had to be at the airport by 5:00 AM. Good thing I already showered and dressed before getting some shuteye so I just had to brush my teeth, wash my face, and comb my still damp hair. We arrive at the airport with 5 minutes to spare. Unfortunately, Kix' teammates were a bit late so I was able to leave the airport at around 7:30 AM. The minute my head hit the pillow, I was already asleep.

I woke up to the sound of a text message on my phone. I thought who the heck would be texting so early (I saw that it was still dark outside)? When I looked at my watch, I was surpised to see that it was already 5:00 PM! I had slept almost the entire day!! Sheesh! Anyway, my tummy reminded me that I hadn't eaten anything yet so I asked my sisters to go to Jin Go Gae with me because I was craving for Chapjae. Unfortunately, my nephew was still sick so Ela had to stay home. Ia and I ordered Chap Jae and Bul go gi and tofu soup. woohoo!!! Finally! my craving was satisfied.

Then, Marie texted me and asked where I was and I told her of my fixation for Chapjae. She suddenly said that she wanted to go out and that Tina would be joining us. Anyway, before we knew what was happening, Ia and I found ourselves in Joo Sarang, singing our hearts out with Marie, Tina and Binnie. Then we headed off to Starbucks for a "nightcap" and after an hour or so bid our goodbyes to each other. For a better account of that night, visit Marie's page.

Anyway, on Monday we got news from Kix that the Women's Artistic Gymnastics National Team won Silver in the Pestasukan competition. woohoo!!! Unfortunately, Ilai was again rushed to the hospital because rashes appeared on his body. The doctors wanted him to be confined so that they could run some more tests on him and so that he can remain on IV (he was dehydrated). So........ our emotions were in knots that day. Happy for Kix on one side, worried for Ilai on the other. Needless to say I slept fitfully that night.

The next day, Tuesday, was so hard for me as I couldn't keep my eyes open. I had to keep drinking water or walk around to stay awake. Luckilly, Kix texted me good news that woke me up. She won the Gold medal in both the floor exercise and the vault while she got the SIlver for the Bars event. Her other teammates, Tammy & Caissa won the gold in bars and bronze in vault. Not a bad haul considering that they just had a week of preparation for this competition since they just came back from a competiton in India, where they won the Gold medal for the team.

At least, this week will end on the right note. Ilai is already home from the hospital and Kix will be coming home today. I hope next week isn't as eventful. I don't think I could take it.

3 Comments:

  • haha.. lots of drama and excitement right there.. i had fun... are we becoming norebang addicts or something? we seem to be there whenever we can... hmm im glad ilai is fine and kix got great results.. a gold to boot...

    By Blogger yamino matsuei, at 2:27 PM  

  • yamino: haha!! oo nga!! parang lagi na lang tayo napapadpad dun.

    tina: mishuna!! ikaw tell me when dear. di na kita naabutan sa YM. ToT

    By Blogger uchisan, at 11:41 AM  

  • tina: di kaya pinagtataguan mo akesh? hehe! (^__^) joke!!

    By Blogger uchisan, at 1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home