balderdash & gobbledygook

Monday, August 29, 2005

Ga ga ga ga ga ga ga?

I was on Edison Chen mode last Saturday. I watched Initial D and Life Translated one after the other. Needless to say after that marathon I was a smiling wreck. (^_^) lol! Although I knew that Initial D was Jay Chou's debut movie, I was kinda hoping that Edison would still get quality camera time. Anyways, I didn't particularly like the story or the movie. The only saving grace that it had, for me, were Edison, Shawn Yue and Anthony Wong (My Infernal Affairs boys) being in it. hehe!! I have never watched the anime version so I can't say if it did the anime justice (but I'm guessing that it didn't) although I really hafta say that Edison, Shawn and Anthony's characters were really cool.

Right after Initial D, I saw that I still had some time to kill before going to Station 168, so I popped in Life Translated. As I was looking at the cover, I had the impression that the caucasians were just photoshopped into the picture. haha! I didn't know what to expect since I never heard of the movie before. I just saw Edison on the cover and decided to get it. Watching the movie was a struggle for me because I couldn't accept the fact that the actress in the lead looked a hell lot older than me but was playing the role of a high school kid, and had Edison Chen & a couple of guys thinking she was cute (which she definitely wasn't). Oh well!! If I had the money to finance my own movie I'd make Edison play the role of the guy who was head over heels with me too. Anyway, the good thing about the movie was that Edison had a lot of lines in English. Way more than his English lines in Infernal Affairs 2 and Twins Effect 1 combined. He does speak Chinese in the movie (I refuse to call it a film) although he sounds a lot better if he stuck to Cantoonese than his wonky sounding Mandarin.

After the movie, my sisters and I headed off to Station 168 for the small surprise party we and our friends (Marie & Tina) had planned for Angie. Since we were all low on funds, we decided to forego the gift and just buy BBQ from Aling Ineng's (yummy) and bring the chocolate cake I got my aunt to bake. We were kinda worried anout the fact that this was the only food we had for the "party" and were extremely relieved when Tina told us that she cooked chapjae.

When Angie arrived, she was surprised when we brought out the cake and kept mumbling that this wasn't what she had planned. She wanted to invite us all to go out and watch a movie but our little surprise foiled that.



After feasting on the food, we all (Me, Ela, Kix, Ilai, Marie, Angie, Tina, and Binnie) headed over to Starbucks in Rockwell (Ia had to go to another birthday party) and just kept up with our chatter of nonsense under the dripping umbrellas. We were cracking up with Filipino & Korean phrases that sounded silly to non Filipino and non Koreans. Like in Filipino there's "Bababa ka na ba?". Imagine making an entire sentence with just 3 syllables. Well, Binnie said that they have a weird sentence when he usus his dialect. The sentence goes "Ga ga ga ga ga ga ga?" It meant something to the effect like "Is the name of that guy Ga?" Anyway, we all thought it was funny and weird. So Kaka!



At 9:50, we bid each other goodbye and actually stayed at the curb for a good 10 minutes because everyone kept saying goodbye to everyone over and over again. lol!

7 Comments:

  • if all my saturdays are as much fun as the last two, then id say being sorta broke afterwards isnt as bad as i originally thought... next time, i hope my curfew wont cut all y'all's fun short! cant wait for the next time... (well actually i can... to save money for it i mean...)

    By Blogger yamino matsuei, at 4:04 PM  

  • aba... always money to burn ka ata ;)

    By Blogger The Accidental Reviewer, at 4:15 PM  

  • wow you look like a certified korean chick heeheehee...yan ba si kuya?

    @-@

    By Blogger eventuallypretty, at 6:15 PM  

  • yamino: haha! yeah! if only I had like money streaming from my ears i'd do that every week.

    cherry: yung gastos ko lang yung share ko sa food. dami kami naghati hati. yung starbucks nilibre lang kme.

    patty: haha! di yan si kuya. ang kasama namin si sister. uuuuuy! pati ba ikaw interested kay kuya? haha! kayong 2 ni Camille aaaaaaa

    By Blogger uchisan, at 8:17 PM  

  • teka teka..maitanong ko lang..sino si kuya??? haha ha :)

    uchi sa picture nalang tayo nagkikita...sa blog pa..hahah :)

    By Blogger ahirunopekkles, at 9:14 PM  

  • ia: sayang at na miss mo sa ga ga ga ga ga ga ga

    tina: dear yung starbucks libre yun. alam mo naman kung saan napupunta ang pera ko. check previous post. haha!!

    moo qin: waaaaah! oo nga! di na kita nakikita!!! T0T so sad!!! si kuya yung may-ari nung store na may original korean CDs.

    By Blogger uchisan, at 2:58 PM  

  • interesado ako sa kanya...para sa yo. yihee...

    dami pera ni utsi lagi...

    By Blogger eventuallypretty, at 12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home