balderdash & gobbledygook

Monday, August 01, 2005

Gasoo encounter of the third kind

sigh!! haven't updated my blog in a long while. didn't feel like there was something interesting to blog about. so i visit my friends' blogpage and when I saw Marie's page, i suddenly remembered that I haven't posted my 3rd Gasoo encounter last July 21. So here it goes:

I must say that I have been lucky with my gasoo encounters. My first "experience" (haha! the term!) was with Lee Jae Jin, a former Sechskies member, that for some reason, decided to visit the Philippines. I wasn't really a fan of Sechskies. I was more of an H.O.T. fan (their rival group) but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see him because I figured, it would be 1 notch off the entire "6 degrees of separation" theory to Shinhwa (Lee Jae Jin knew Kang Sung Hoon since they were both in Sechskies together and Kang Sung Hoon knew Shinhwa's Shin Hye Sung since they appeared on Xmen. Pathetic, right? haha!!). Luckilly, I had friends at ABS (Cherry & Patty), who were able to get us (Me, Ia, Marie & Kara) to meet him and have our photos taken when he guested on Fanatic. We (Me, marie & Eun Ji) even got to meet him at his hotel and he was very nice and obliging with our request for photos with him and giving us his autograph. Eun Ji was raving about how nice he was, which puzzled me coz i thought it wasn't that big a deal like having photos & giving out autographs. I mean what else would he do? We were just like 3 people who probably were at the hotel for him. But Eun Ji kept saying no and that he was SUPER nice. I thought maybe something got lost in the translation.

My 2nd gasoo encounter was with Mina. I watched a Korean Peace Wave concert with Ia & Marie, hoping to be able to see Jewelry, Diva, Maya, VOS, Mina etc. Unfortunately, it turned out that there would be a different set of gasoos that would perform during the dates. So we were sad to hear that Jewelry, Diva, Maya, VOS all performed the previous night (T-T). Our only chance was Mina, since she was the only one we were familiar with. Anyway, thanks to us charming some of the production people, we were able to get them to help us get pictures with her. It was so nice of her to stop and pose with us, even though her staff were rushing her to go backstage. So with Mina, my 6 degrees of separation became Mina then Shinhwa's Andy since they also appeared together on Xmen.

Ok so forward to July 21. I've been hearing news that Lee Dong Gun was coming over. Of course I had to see him. He was dating Han Ji Hye, who chose Minwoo on Love Letter (when Shinhwa guested on the show. She also worked with Shinhwa's Eric on a Ban Jun Drama. anyway, I was able to get marie to join me (again) and she got Tina and her boyfriend to meet her there (we thought we could use having a Korean on our side). Anyway, I rushed to the hotel after work and missed Tina, who had to go back to work. Marie filled me in on their meeting with Lee Dong Gun's Philippine promoter (the guy who acted as the middleman). Things did not look well. Apparently, the actor wasn't a "nice" person. But hey, we thought maybe he was biased or something. Anyway, by 7: 30 pm, we were able to see him twice: after his dinner and on his way to GMA in a white stretch limo. With all the fans chasing after him, it was kinda hard to jockey for a position so we just stared at him from afar. I saw my friend Renz at the hotel earlier and she told me that they were gonna go to GMA. So i texted her informing her that he was on his way there and that they should keep her eyes peeled. Marie & I decided to wait in the lobby since my friend, Eve, would be joining us. Around 8:30 PM, I received a text from Renz saying that he was on his way back!! Marie & I readied ourselves. Luckilly, most of the other fans went to GMA so we were like just 15 along the lobby. Thinking that he would stop and say hi, since there were a lot less people, i readied the Lovers in Paris DVD I brought with me. When I saw him upclose, I was just stunned!! He was that handsome. I forgot about the camera I brought with me. When he was right in front of me, I asked if he could please sign the DVD. His hawi boy acted like I had a big spotlight trained on his master and started waving his big arms across my face. Anyway, the actor just smiled and bowed (I assumed he was apologizing that he couldn't stop). I wasn't too disappointed since Marie already warned me but still it was annoying. I was about to curse him in Korean but it was a good thing I didn't.

To some I may sound bitter. I don't deny it. It was very annoying. But after 2 nice encounters with Korean celebrities, I expected he would be like em.

Now I understood what Eun Ji meant. Apparently, most Korean celebrities distanced themselves from their fans. I was just lucky that Lee Jae Jin & Mina were not like that at all. I'm just wishing Shinhwa would be as nice as they seem to be. As for Lee Dong Gun, he's lucky. If he weren't so darned good looking, with his crappy attitude & entourage, he wouldn't have that many fans. And unfortunately, as much as I hate to admit it, I still think he's cute.

7 Comments:

  • well.. he was good looking. id feel really awful if he werent that nice to look at. i sure hope to god shinhwa doesnt do the same to us (if and only if) we get the (rare) chance of meeting them. a glimpse would be great, a wave would be greater, a handshake would be the greatest, an autograph would be fantastic, a picture would be over the top, if he marries me, im dreaming... ^^

    By Blogger yamino matsuei, at 1:52 PM  

  • haha!! let's hope we encounter them first. :)

    By Blogger uchisan, at 2:16 PM  

  • tina!!!! you are back!!! how is the Merlion? natanong mo ba kung na miss niya akesh? :)

    sayang talaga di ka nakasama. sana may karamay ako na naimbyerna.

    By Blogger uchisan, at 7:34 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger eventuallypretty, at 12:04 PM  

  • ayan kasi nakikihalubilo sa mga kapuso. if it weren't for lovers in paris who would know of LDGs appeal huh? huh? huh? (bitter mwahah)

    bleh. :)

    (deleted first post. grammar OC.)

    By Blogger eventuallypretty, at 12:05 PM  

  • patty: haha! kasi di niyo dinala dito!! kaya napilitan tuloy ako sa kabila. kaya siguro ayaw pa autograph kasi Lovers in Paris ang dala ko na DVD!!! :)

    By Blogger uchisan, at 1:06 PM  

  • tsk tsk. kapuso ka na kasi. di ka na namin kapamilya. heehee

    By Blogger The Accidental Reviewer, at 9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home