balderdash & gobbledygook

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Post and Posters

In this day and age where email and sms-ing is are a daily habit, the lost art of receiving mail by post (aka: the old fashioned snail mail) is such a refreshing change. Usually, the only stuff i receive via snail mail are bills and junk mail. These hardly merit a smile but when the security guard at the office calls out my name and says "may cd ka na naman,," i could hardly contain my glee as i hop, skip, and attempt to run towards his station to grab my parcel. I hardly get that feeling nowadays since i rarely order from yesasia anymore ( i get my stuff at my room now). come to think of it, I did get that giddy feeling a couple of weeks ago when i won my Rich CD from Pops in Seoul. Winning a cd on Pops is getting harder, with only 3 people now getting the chance to have their requests read. With that in mind, there is nothing else to look forward to. Until my friend Katie gave me a reason to keep pestering our guard if the post office sent me something. You see, Katie is based in Seoul and she got to watch Shin Hye Sung's showcase. For those not familiar with the name (read as: mader cherry), Shin Hye Sung is the lead vocal of my fave kpop group, Shinhwa. Feeling really sad and envious of Katie, I had to satisfy myself with her sms on the day of the showcase. Anyway, the day before the showcase, she tells me that she got an extra sungie poster and that she was gonna send it to me!!! waaaaaah!!!! happy happy joy joy!!!! So that's why i've been pestering the guard. And when he finally gave me the package, i was on pins and needles!!! then after what seemed like an eternity, i was finally face to face with the poster.



waaaaaaaahhhhh!!!! he is so friggin cute!!!! makes me want to watch their summer concert all the more. Unfortunately due to financial constraints, Katie will have to be my proxy again. sigh! will just stare at the poster the entire time. :)

Speaking of posters, I was at greenbelt last week when i passed by Video City and saw the poster of Ned Kelly. Since i think Orlando Bloom is soooo hot, I naturally stopped to ogle at his bodaciousness when I suddenly burst out laughing. Can you figure out why?



still can't figure it out? here's a close up:



i know a lot of people think that Heath Ledger is hot but to actually spell his name as Heat is a bit excessive, don't you think? :)

Didn't do much of anything over the weekend. Just vegged out in front of the TV. The team building thingie we had last friday took it's toll on me. I really need to get a life. sheesh!!

3 Comments:

  • wow... nice poster... maybe.. ill send you something.. like give it to the guard or something.. just to keep you happy... and that heath thing... im sort of thinking it was done on purpose.. just to be funny... but i do think its overkill.. coz i personally like some hot korean guy over him.... haha.. any wild guesses?

    By Blogger yamino matsuei, at 5:08 PM  

  • ay lab it may special mention pa ako! heehee. please put little explanations for these artists until I figure out who SJS, LDG, DHL, LBC and Fedex are. hehehe

    By Blogger The Accidental Reviewer, at 10:20 AM  

  • glad you liked the poster! i promise to get ya more posters at the summer story concert!!! dont worry i'll keep bugging you with my concert updates... but let's hope i don't die of excitement :)

    By Blogger Kaytee, at 2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home