balderdash & gobbledygook

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

why oh why?

why is it that people are never satisfied with what they have? we always want "that" when we already have "this," we wish we could be like "her" instead of making do with "myself?" what is it about us that we have to covet something else? is it insecurity or just plain greed? i ask these questions because i am guilty of this "thing," this "syndrome," or whatever it's called.

i hate going to reunions with my friends from high school and college, not that i do not want to see my friends of days gone by, because i am ecstatic to see em and to find out what is happening in their lives. it's just that i end up being miserable after these "bonding sessions," because i wish that i had their job, their figure, their face, or their latest gadgets. oh don't worry. i'm not going to do a remake of the talented mr. ripley (i'm not that desperate). i just end up comparing myself to them and i find that i am not at the same level as they are. i always ask myself "why is it that they get to do all these cool stuff that i so want to do?" don't get me wrong, i don't hate em for it, i hate myself. I would often berate myself with "why didn't you do that when you had the chance?"

sigh!!! thank goodness winter isn't a season here in Manila. Otherwise, my winter doldrums would be year round. :) hehe!!

on a brighter note: after tonight, i hope to complete the entire season 1 eps of love letter. woohoo!!! i guess we just choose the battles that we can win.

3 Comments:

  • gosh. i used to do that too. hmmm actually minsan din ginagawa ko pa rin. hehe...but its my choice kung asan ako. i could go and do other things but im such a lazy ass *lol* and i realized na iba iba rin ang capacity ng isang tao. maybe this is really where my calling is. or baka magasawa na lang ako ng mayaman. hehehe.

    By Blogger eventuallypretty, at 3:54 PM  

  • so far the only thing that they all have that i wish to also HAVE is a baby- hahaha! kaya ko din naman magkaroon nun ah! kaya lang bakit wala :(

    By Blogger poison ivy, at 7:58 PM  

  • I guess people are never satisfied because they are not truly happy. True happiness is being content with your lot in life and if there is something that we find lacking, then I suppose there will be always be a niggling doubt in one corner of your mind.

    I only go to reunions with people in my own class, never the batch reunions. High School was a particularly awkward time for me and the less I see of those people, the better. Besides, i prefer the most of the friends I have now. BTW, most of my classmates from High School belong to the millionaires club so you can imagine how I feel :)

    By Blogger The Accidental Reviewer, at 9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home