balderdash & gobbledygook

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

What does my music say about me?

i was looking through my CDs (stuff that i removed from my pc when it was reformatted) and i found dozens of mp3s that i forgot i had. Looking at the titles, I realized how my taste for music seemed to swing from one extreme to another. So I decided to pop em into the PC and listen to these tunes. I look back now and recall my kylie minogue phase. I liked her song Love at first sight so much that i researched and downloaded some of her old songs. The result? Hard to find audio of Kylie's performances with Kermit the frog (Especially for you, sounds sappy right, but it isn't! lol!) and dreamy Adam Garcia (the aussie in Koyote Ugly, who was once my "crush of the moment").

I also found that I had Nine Inch Nails' The perfect drug (that had a cool MV), Moby's Bodyrock (the song in the opening creds of Veronica's closet), some songs from the movie Labyrinth (woohoo!!! go David Bowie!), songs from Pat Benatar and Scandal (80s music), Presidents of the USA, Ultra, Kavana, The Xmen cartoons opening theme, The Calling, Mariah Carey, Annie Lennox, Natalie Merchant, some songs from the movie Beetlejuice, Elastica, Fuel, Incubus, Madonna, and the 2 opening theme songs of Felicity. How eclectic!! I wonder if someone found this CD and was asked to analyze the type of person who listened to this hodgepodge of music, what would the description be like? Anyone care to analyze?

6 Comments:

  • quite interesting... totally understandable... in a way i will choose not to disclose for it would cause great confusion in my head, not yours... it just goes to show us uchi... that you are a whole lot of woman... versatile, unique, classic, exquisite... shall i go on?

    By Blogger yamino matsuei, at 3:55 PM  

  • please do..... i could always use an ego boost. :)

    By Blogger uchisan, at 3:58 PM  

  • terrific, marvelous, hotness, magnificent, incredible, bubbly, fresh, lively...

    By Blogger yamino matsuei, at 4:15 PM  

  • Don't need to take a look at your CD collection to know you're a wacko, uchibabe :)

    Although my collection isn't quite as eclectic, it's a reflection of who I was, am and in the process of becoming. Sure I have some that make me cringe in embarrassment but they were a part of my childhood and for better or for worse, they helped form my sensibilities. So Uchibabe, be proud of your collection. They make you YOU.

    By Blogger The Accidental Reviewer, at 9:30 PM  

  • haha! cherry, i will take your comment and accept that i am a wacko! :)

    By Blogger uchisan, at 8:03 AM  

  • hmmm...hmmm...hmmm...

    By Blogger eventuallypretty, at 6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home