balderdash & gobbledygook

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

masitda!!!!!

After a tiring weekend, I was able to get some R&R last Sunday and yesterday. yes, I didn't go to work yesterday so to all those who missed me on YM, I wasn't on invisible mode. hehe. I was actually working.

Anyway, last Sunday, my family went out for dinner. And because me and my sisters volunteered to pay for half of the bill, we talked my mom and dad into eating at this Korean restaurant we frequented. hehe!! I have been craving for Soft Tofu Soup (Sun Du Bu Chigae) and chapjae the past week.



Of course with all the spicy dishes, it wouldn't have been complete if I didn't have some coke nearby. I was actually hoping that the Shinhwa guys would be at the next table or that they would ask me for our red bean paste or something. I could almost here "Hey Dude" playing in the background. hehe!!



Anyway, needless to say, we were all stuffed.

Yesterday, Ia and marie went to my room with me to buy the a magazine. Lucky for us, Angie stopped by and brought ttobboki that she herself made. It's Korean rice cakes in a chili sauce. the ricecake's texture is kinda like the white bilo bilo you find in ginataang halo-halo only that its sliced. The chili sauce is well..... made with chili and she said she used catsup. At first, I thought I didn't like it. hehe!! but after the 2nd bite, i thought "it wasn't that bad really." Then after the 3rd and 4th bites I thought that it was actually pretty good. :) hehe!! but it was somewhere around the 6th and 7th bite that I suddenly realized that that dish, like most Korean dishes, was hot. hehe!! Angie was laughing at me because she said that she purposely made it NOT hot because she wasn't sure how we'd react. I shudder to think what her definition of hot is.

7 Comments:

  • looks good (the food ha, not the one eating :)

    where's this place?

    By Blogger The Accidental Reviewer, at 12:46 AM  

  • uchi kelangan dalhin mo kami sa place na yan. actually sandy bought me to a korean place near hear, shiloh ata yung name. its good grabe kakabundat. hehehe...


    cute pic btw. :)

    By Blogger eventuallypretty, at 1:55 PM  

  • haha! tara!! set tayo ng field trip! sa makati yung resto. mejo mahal lang talaga ang korean food pero worth it naman pag masarap ang luto. :)

    By Blogger uchisan, at 3:36 PM  

  • wow you really like korean food... lemme tell ya, ang tteokboki sobrang anghang talaga dito. when i first tasted it here, grabe, it was steaming hot and my mouth felt like it was on fire. naiyak ako! hahaha... but i like it na

    By Blogger Kaytee, at 9:19 AM  

  • wow takaw! hehehe... :p sama ko dyan, kahit on diet ako hehehe!

    By Blogger poison ivy, at 11:38 AM  

  • wow... i think that wasnt even worth calling hot... i was under the impression the dish wasnt as hot as it should be, but then i remembered you didnt like spicy foods... so yeah.. put two and two together.. makes three... or is it four? in any case... i would love to eat korean food with you guys... its quite exciting... of course... coke will spice things up a bit more...

    By Blogger yamino matsuei, at 3:52 PM  

  • looks good and authentic

    even the 반찬 platitos look like the ones used in Korea, and the 상추 bowl!!

    and the aircon's Korean, too?

    but the Koreans do not use forks to eat 잡채

    and you are not sitting on the floor

    other than those, it's like in Korea

    By Blogger algol, at 7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home