balderdash & gobbledygook

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Every cloud has a silver lining

My Friday started out really crappy. For some reason, my mom and I left the house later than we regularly do, so that meant I had to drive like a maniac through rush hour. As I had plans after work, I had to drop my mom off and find a parkining space near my office instead of having her park it for free at her office. Unfortunately, my usual parking haunt was full (it being friday so a lot of people brought their cars for their gimmicks after work) and seeing that is was almost 8 am, I had no choice but to park at the Dela Rosa car park (which meant that I'd be paying more than a hundred bucks). And as luck would have it, as I was rolling up my window after getting the ticket, I heard a crack and saw that there was something wrong with the mechanism on the window and now it would not go up. I had to stuff the sidings with paper just so that the window would not go down while it was parked. What a morning huh?

Anyway, I was stuck in a meeting the entire day. When I realized that it was already past 5 pm, i had to plead with my boss to let me go. I tolf her that I had an appointment after work and I was already late for it. She reluctantly let me go and I rushed to change clothes. Ia, was already waiting for me in the office. Katie, Patty, Tina, and Marie were gonna meet up with us at Starbucks. Of course, I already expected that my window would already be rolled down and that I would be paying more than a hundred bucks for the parking and that there would be traffic. Around 6 PM, we all finally managed to cram ourselves into the car and head of to the Double S restaurant. I was telling everyone of how crappy my day was when lo and behold, it starts to rain. Needless to say my left arm was wet for the entire duration of the trip. But I guess I must have done something right because there was only 1 parking slot left at the restaurant and it was right in front of the main door. At least the guard could really earn his keep by guarding my car. Katie gave me the stuff I ordered and some other pasalubongs. I couldn't really browse through em coz I was sooooo hungry Anyway, we had a great dinner. We had Beef kalbi (when I actually ordered Pork), Tofu soup (Patty and I ordered another 1 coz it was so good), Chapjae, and the various side dishes.




Unfortunately, Katie had to go meet other people that night and Ia had to go to work, so only Tina, Patty, Marie and I headed off to norebang. Luckilly, I got a parking slot by the door of Joo Sarang so I wan't too nervous with my broken window. The four of us agreed to stay for just an hour (limited funds and all) but we managed to sing Superstar by Jewelry, hey Dude by Shinhwa, Hotmail by SM Town and whole bunch of TVXQ and Fly to the Sky Songs in honor of Tina and Patty's first time in an authentic norebang.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The hour flew by so quickly and after dropping off Patty and Tina, Marie and I headed off to Starbucks for a nightcap. After flipping through the magazine I got from Katie, I dropped marie off and headed home.

I excitedly showed Ela (my other sister) my Shinhwa haul (and the HOT dvd) Katie gave me.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Kyochon chicken paper bag, Shinhwa Summer Concert poster, Shinhwa coke can & keychain, Summer Story CD & beach ball, Junior Magazine, Shinhwa Everlasting Mythology DVD

Needless to say the pasalubong was worth the badluck I encountered that day.






10 Comments:

  • hey uchi!

    glad you liked the shinhwa stash! it was so nice meeting you and the girls! next time ulit! ^^

    By Blogger Kaytee, at 4:38 PM  

  • katie: basta ba sasabihan mo ako pag magagawi ka dito sa Pinas!!

    By Blogger uchisan, at 9:04 PM  

  • wow.. i do believe all that badluck was well worth it.. i would have endured the same thing.. even more for shinhwa stuff... but i had fun.. too bad i couldnt eat as much.. oh well.. better luck next time...

    By Blogger yamino matsuei, at 4:16 PM  

  • yamino: yeah you were sick that day but still you came to join us for dinner and norebang!! gomaweo!

    By Blogger uchisan, at 4:24 PM  

  • sigh. next time makakasama na ako.... sana!!!!

    By Blogger The Accidental Reviewer, at 6:09 PM  

  • mader: dapat sigurado na kasi ang sarap talaga nung tofu soup!!!

    By Blogger uchisan, at 8:49 AM  

  • wow sarap naman, saya-saya....parepareho pala tayo lumayas nung friday. Di ba kayo nag soju? hhehe

    By Blogger evelash, at 1:15 PM  

  • eve: hehe! hinde. may mag commute at mag drive sa amin eh. sa bahay lang namin iniinom yun. unless may mag pasan sa akin diba? :)

    By Blogger uchisan, at 8:04 AM  

  • feel free to come on in and check it out anytime. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:15 PM  

  • Hi I just wanted to send a quick note to let you know I really enjoyed

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home